The tedious and boring bits!
No matter what type of business you have, it will have to meet with legal requirements to produce accounts and submit a tax return.
Many of our clients are perfectly able and willing to maintain their accounting records throughout the year – including dealing with VAT and payroll requirements – whilst others may be brilliant entrepreneurs and don’t want to have anything to do with “the paperwork”.
Either way, we’ll be happy keeping you on the straight and narrow when it comes to accounts, audit (if required) and corporation tax and the burden of complying with your end of year obligations.
We’ll step in wherever you need us to, and prepare:
- Accounts, complying with accounting and statutory requirements
- “Abbreviated” (minimum disclosure) accounts for Companies House
- Your company, partnership or personal tax returns
- Calculations of your tax liabilities for the year
…and we’ll help you to get it all done and filed within the legal time limits.
Audits can be a positive experience
Audits used to be the expensive, unwanted burden of all companies, however small. Whilst small independent companies can now do without this “luxury”, larger companies – as well as some smaller ones which are members of larger groups – are still required to have their annual accounts audited, and we want to help make the process as pain-free as possible for you.
But don’t think of the audit as just a legal requirement.
When we carry out an audit, we always take the opportunity to look out for any areas of weakness in your business and advise you on appropriate remedial action. Looking as closely at the business as we are required to for audit purposes often enables us to spot potential and opportunities which have not occurred to the directors, and when that happens, the audit can pay for itself many time over!
Corporation tax represents a substantial cost to a successful company. Moreover, the increased reporting obligations, robust investigation powers given to the tax authorities, and harsher penalties for non-compliance have all raised the stakes in getting the figures right.
We offer a range of services to help you minimise your corporation tax and relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation. These include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your business sector
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self -assessment
- Representing you in discussions with the tax authorities
Efficient corporate tax planning can result in significant improvements in your bottom line.
For more information about any aspect of our services, please telephone or complete the contact form here